The first names of streets being used in our countryside are common names. It served, first and foremost, to describe the place in order to better situate it.
The street of "meuniers" - millers - is the street where the mill stood. In the street "briqueterie" - brickyard -, there were the brick ovens. The street "d'en Bas" below, is situated lower than the others.
The proper names will be used later with names dedicated in memory of local figures. There are some streets below have disappeared or have changed.
Street named dedicated to Alcide BOUTARD, former mayor.
In remembrance to M. Alfred THUILLIER. He was first an entrepreneur in the field of plumbing in 1879 to Paris city and then quantity surveyor and municipal councillor in 1893 and finally president of the General Council of the Seine.
Street unveiled in 1988 by Malcolm LEADER.
Manufacture of bricks in this street, the place of shaping bricks with a clay soil available.
Rue d'en Bas:
As its name indicates the street is lower than other streets.
Street created after the war 39 in memory of prisoners interned in a concentration camp.
This street was written Dours before the french revolution.
Street of Folle Emprise, crazy enterprise or Folle Empire (in the old postcards).
Gare (Station's street):
Street access to the station in the past became Leon THUILLIER's name.
The main street
Street named in memory of Leon THUILLIER in 1917.
Major General MARTIN led the 5th Brigade of Australians based to Vignacourt during the first world war.
Godard-Dubuc street was formerly called "city street", it was renamed in memory of M.GODARD-DUBUC. It is located in the main route of the village, near the church.
The origin of this street located near the railway was a fiefdom belonged to Louis-Henri BRUNEL d'HORNA. He was resident to Amiens, back to the times of the French Revolution.
Moulin de Pierre:
Street where was a mill.
Became the deportees street (prisoners in a concentration camp), after the war 39.
Vert galant's district:
The Green Gallant (Vert Galant), is the nickname of the King Henri IV. The king camped in vignacourt in 1597, with several infantrymen and several hundred horses, during the occupation of Amiens city by the Spanish. After his departure for Picquigny, the Spanish set fire to the village.
Vines path (Chemin des Vignes):
Several places known in the village, in the past, contained the name of vineyards, some 'named-places'."Under the vines", "above the vines", "vine path", before the revolution: top of the vine and bottom of the vine.