Home > Heritage > Picardy cooking
According Austin de Croze "Picardy is probably the French region, which preserved the most ancient recipes" 1926.
- Lamb of salt meadow lamb of the Bay de Somme.
- "Caghuse": dish containing onions and of pig.
- Chantilly cream. (create at the Chantilly castle)
- Thin pancakes browned with ham,
- Beaten Cake.
- Pie of duck of Amiens.
- Rabottes apples, cooked with the furnace. (Rabotte : was also a local game with ball)
- Amiens s'macaroons. Chocolate tiles, Honey,
- The rhubarb nectar,
- beverage :
- the cider exist in Picardy since 16 century,
- the beer.
- Wine of Craonelle