facebook .gif twitter .pinterest .English version




















































































In old times, most local people were busy with the exploitation of agricultural land and to sell harvests. The clay soil allowed the development of jobs linked to manufacturing bricks, tiles.

The jobs related to the textile sector have always played an important role at the end of 19th, beginning of the 20th century.

There were also a lot of coffee shops such as "Station coffee' in front of the station, Town-hall coffee next to the town-hall, Progress coffee, Trade coffee...

After the industrial development, the majority of people were factory workers.


coffee bar

Calippe-Detre coffee shop, Calippe grocery and Post office on the place in front of town-hall.


- Locals enterprises before the 1st world war:

- Coffee shops and lodge:

- Lodge run by the Autriquet-Pauchet couple. (78 and 74 years in 1911) Establishment located in the direction of Berteaucourt-les-Dames, at the end of the village.
- Coffee BINET was located on right of the Coffee “Hôtel de ville” (Town Hall).
- Coffee CALIPPE DETRE - 1911.
- Coffee "Comptoir Français" - (French countertop) located in the street "rue d'Amour" was led by Lucienne and Marguerite DAMERVAL, two sisters.
- Coffee de la Gare, Pétine Godet – (Station coffee shop), in front of the former station.
- Coffee du Globe
- Coffee de l'Hôtel de ville, (Townhall coffee) located just on the right of the city hall.
- Coffee LOYER Débitant (LOYER Coffee wine tavern), street Hornas.
- Coffee du progrès - 1st ww (LT Photo)


Bakers :

- DAMERVAL Jules, Park street.
- LECOCQ Paul, in front of the church.
- VASSEUR Emile, Amiens street.


- Manufacturers, shops:

- BARILLET-BOUTARD, manufacturer of canvas, sacks, tarpaulins - 1899
- CALIPPE Jules, local grocer on the place - 1911.
- DETRE (P), manufacturer of canvas - 1899
- DUHAMEL Louis - enterprise (he worked on the church)
- DUCROTOY Jean-Baptiste, manufacturer of sacks of canvas. Gold award at Paris in 1874.
- GAMARD Espérance - painter ("wall" painted in the church)
- GENTE Cycles and repairs – 2 wheels vehicles - 1st ww (LT Photo)
- FOUACHE Olivier - woodworker
- FREMONT sons, manufacturer of raw wool combed and woven - 1854
- FREMONT sons and DANZEL, spinners of woolen - 1852
- GODARD Joseph - woodworker.
- HELLUIN (H), manufacturer of canvas - 1899
- HELLUIN Nestor, twisting of wires- 1899
- LEFEBRE (C), twisting of wires - 1899
- PAUCHET (E), twisting of wires - 1899
- PAUCHET (F), twisting of wires - 1899
- PAUCHET Marie, Merchants, haberdashery - 1911 (store before the pharmacy).
- PAUCHET-THUILLIER, twisting of wires - 1899
- Ruche Picarde - grocery managed by M. Paul NIQUET (owner M. Dian - Amiens)


The shop "La Ruche" was right in front of the boys' school.

- SADRIN, manufacturer of sorghum brooms, (plant managed by M. CHABRAN) - 1911
- THUILLIER (E), elder son, twisting of wires - 1899
- THUIILLIER, merchent of canvas and shop at Amiens, place of market street - 1862.
- THUILLIER-BURIDARD, fishing nets.

- Services before the 1st ww:


- Doctors and medical field:

- Dr BOURY Pierre-François, doctor.
- Dr GIFFO Alexandre, doctor.
- Dr RINUY Henri, doctor. He gave his name to a street of Flesselles.
- DR Triffard (1923)
- Mrs. SEGAIS Elise, a midwife.
- M. OSSET Ernest, pharmacist.


- Post office and telegraphy:

- DUBRULLE Gustave - Postman
- PAYEN Elise, manager of the post & telegraph office, (antenna behind the house).


- Train - North compagny:

- DELAVISSE Ulphe - gatekeeper
- LECLERCQ Emile - Station Master
- MAUPIN Emile


- Veterinary: